Advertising 2020 aims to address the key challenges facing the industry by proposing a desired future vision of what advertising could and should be, accompanied by a concrete set of actions to achieve that future. By stepping back from the day-to-day we try to imagine a future on the other side of this maelstrom.
Over 200 thought leaders, innovators, and visionaries from a breadth of disciplines and around the world helped co-create this concept, and Advertising 2020 reflects a mosaic of their insights and ideas. Each contributor answered two simple questions:
What could/should advertising look like in 2020? What should we do now for this future?
Findings from the entries and comments have been presented at the Cannes Creativity Festival since 2013, published in blogs, and will form the basis for a book and e-book (late 2015), and a Coursera course (late 2015). We ask that all mentions of content from the project include “From the Wharton Future of Advertising Program’s Advertising 2020 Project” and include the hyperlink.
How to Make the Most of Advertising 2020
Advertising 2020 is brimming with priceless insights from the marketing world’s thinkers, makers, and doers.
– Filter the entries by author’s name, author’s organization type, key topic, or global region
– Use full text search to find exactly what you’re looking for
– Select a contributor and get their perspective
– Check out our playlists, curated selections of entries with a common theme or topic
– Read quotable quotes selected from each entry then decide where you’d like to delve more deeply
– The newest entries and conversations are posted in the left-hand column of the Advertising 2020 landing page
– Read blogs and related postings by contributors in Ad2020 on the Web
– Include a quote from a contributor in your next presentation
– Have meeting participants ground their thinking in a future mind-set by reading selected entries
– We ask that all mentions of content from the project include “From the Wharton Future of Advertising Program’s Advertising 2020 Project” and include the hyperlink
– Offer your thoughts and reactions to the authors in the comments section after each entry
– Get news and updates on the project by signing up for our newsletter
– Let us know if you’d like to contribute to the project with your answers to the two questions, or nominate another contributor
– Learn more about WFoA’s upcoming events and research initiatives