The WFoA aims to impact the future of advertising today by sharing insights with practitioners, brands, academics, and researchers around the world.
Executive Participation and Co-Creation
- Our cross-discipline, global, engaged network of over 500 Who’s Who executives, entrepreneurs, and visionaries is unparalleled on the topic.
- Advertising 2020 has over 200 contributors from 18 countries, and Advertising 2020 entries were viewed over 24,000 times over the past year.
- WFoA has hosted roundtable workshops in Paris, New Delhi, Beijing, and Tokyo with support from Wharton Global Initiatives grants.
- Professor Jerry Wind and Executive Director Catharine Hays present findings from the WFoA and from Advertising 2020 at events around the world. They have participated in over two dozen conferences, roundtables, and industry events just since January of 2012, in locations from Singapore to Cannes to New York City.
- WFoA findings have been featured at Wharton Global Forums in Paris, Tokyo, San Francisco, and Beijing.
- Advertising 2020 contributors hail from 18 countries and all regions of the world.
Broad Inspiration and Impact
- The WFoA portal at wfoa.wharton.upenn.edu has had over 22,000 unique visitors in the past year.
- Slated for spring 2015, WFoA will be launching a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on the Future of Advertising to be accessed via Coursera, with a potential enrollment of tens of thousands.
- A new book and ebook, “Beyond Advertising: Reaching People through Every Touch Point,” features analyses and insights from the Advertising 2020 project. To be published fall 2014 (Wiley).
- “Marketing Matters,” broadcast on Sirius XM Satellite Radio Channel 111, features monthly installments with special guests discussing topics such as Insights for Super Bowl Advertisers, Innovations in Out-Of-Home Advertising, and Does Native Advertising Have to be Deceptive to Be Effective.
- @whartonfoa has over 750 followers and growing